AN OSR ORIGINAL RECIPE:
Average party mix is good, but Not-Your-Average Party Mix is great! This recipe is perfect for when you want to bump your party snacks up a notch or offer a little nosh-y delight at the start of your next dinner party. It’s easy to make and even easier to devour!
- 3 c. mini pretzels or pretzel sticks
- 3 c. oyster crackers, pita chips, or bagel chips
- 1.5 c. salted, roasted cashews
- ¼ c. unsalted almonds
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg white (from large egg)
- 1 tbsp. white or brown sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. lemon-pepper seasoning
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¾ c. dried cranberries
- Mix the pretzels, crackers or pita/bagel chips, and cashews together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a mini food-processor or blender, whir the almonds and olive oil together until they become pesto-like in texture. Put the mixture in a small to medium-size bowl and add the melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, and egg white. Whisk until combined. Then add the sesame seeds, lemon-pepper seasoning, garlic powder, and salt and whisk again.
- Pour the coating mixture over the pretzels and other mix-ins. Gently stir until all bits and pieces are covered. Evenly distribute the mix across a large rimmed baking sheet that has been lined with parchment-paper or lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Bake in a pre-heated 250° oven for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Immediately after the mix comes out of the oven (while the contents are still hot), add the cranberries and gently toss to distribute. I recommend serving the mix warm. If you make the mix in advance, you can warm it by putting it in a 250-300° oven for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Click here to read the editorial post associated with this recipe.